MAF exist in the DRC to meet physical and spiritual needs displaying Christ’s love through our actions and words. We are a two fold mission based on the great commandment/commission to love our neighbor and to see the Gospel spread to all nations. I see the airplane as a tool that brings hope and shares compassion on a people that have been shown very little.
We are ambassadors for Christ where we live and where we fly (work). The two cannot be separate. Extra attention is placed on us because we are from the West, we have white skin and therefore to the locals we represent Christianity. It is not enough to praise God in name, but our actions must follow. It will be my desire and challenge to serve God not only in my skills as a pilot, but my heart to serve the people that surround me in everyday life.
Despite challenging circumstances MAF has done some amazing things with the aircraft in the past several years. The airplane has allowed MAF in one year alone to…
- Execute 1,549 flight, transport 5,138 passengers, and deliver 684,638 pounds of cargo.
- Supported Doctors Without Borders and Medair to conduct mobile health clinics.
- Continued transportation of SIL International, supporting 10 Bible translation projects.
- Transported Bibles and food for the Bible Society.
- Continued training Congolese staff to support the MAF flying mission.
- Continued flight services supporting Christians and humanitarian organizations North of the country in close contact with the LRA.
- Much much more….